Updated: March 29, 2018
Following the Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016, the Government of Japan decided to accept relief money from foreign governments, foreign individuals, companies and Japanese residents abroad, in the following manner:
1 Information regarding Account of Embassy of Japan in the Netherlands for Relief Money (End the fundraising on March 31th 2019)
(1) Embassy of Japan in the Netherlands has opened the following account to accept relief money.
(note) The relief money received by the Embassy of Japan in the Netherlands will be sent to the account of the Government of Japan later.
(note2) After relief money is received by the Embassy of Japan in the Netherlands and sent to the account of the Government of Japan, the money will be delivered to the affected people through local governments.
Bank Name: Embassy of Japan
Branch Name: ABN AMRO BANK Kneuterdijk Den Haag
Account Number: NL22ABNA0539360031
BIC Code: ABNANL2A
Bank Address: Kneuterdijk 8, 2514 EN, The Hague, The Netherlands
(2) If you wish to obtain a receipt, please send an email to （email@example.com） that contains the following:
1. Subject: Kumamoto Earthquake request for Receipt (your name)
2. Your name
3. The amount of the relief money
4. The date when the relief money was donated
5. The name of the bank from which the relief money was transferred
2 Relief Money Acceptance Account by Local Governments of the Affected Area
Local governments of the affected area have also opened accounts to accept donations. Please check websites of local governments for more information.