Applications from Overseas for the Issuance of Atomic Bomb Survivor’s Certificates


The revision of the Law concerning Relief to Atomic Bomb Survivors enables atomic bomb survivors living abroad to apply for the issuance of Atomic Bomb Survivor’s Certificates without visiting Japan, effective on December 15, 2008.

As preparatory work is necessary, the consular section will respond to general inquiries on this matter by phone or e-mail after January 20, 2009.

The consular section will start receiving applications after January 20, 2009. To submit applications, however, applicants are kindly requested to make an advance appointment by phone with the consular section. The appointment is necessary to ensure a smooth application process.