Information about negative COVID-19 test result (For foreigners who plan to return to or visit Japan)
Foreigners who enter to Japan are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result conducted within 72 hours of the departure time. Please find more information in the text below.※Japanese nationals are not required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result upon entry to Japan.
※Japan’s border is largely closed to visitors from the Netherlands. For more details check this link
- Certificate of Testing for COVID-19 (Word) filled and signed by a medical institution is considered to be valid. So, in principle, please use this format.
- If you cannot find a medical institution which accepts the above mentioned format, a document in an optional format with all the required information in English is acceptable, though omitting any of the information listed in below may result in denial of permission to entry into Japan in accordance with the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act.
- personal information (name, passport number, nationality, date of birth, sex)
- proof of authenticity of the COVID-19 test result (test method (only limited to the test method mentioned in the format), test result, date (and time) of sampling, date of test result, date of issuance of the certificate)
- information of a medical institution(the name and address of a medical institution /the name of a doctor/stamp seal(or sign by doctor))
If you cannot submit these documents to immigration officer, you are denied entry into Japan based on Ordinance for Enforcement of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act. If you enter Japan with false documents, their status of residence is revoked and they could be subject to deportation based on Ordinance for Enforcement of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act.
When you are required to show a COVID-19 test result by airline staff before leaving for Japan, please follow the instruction.
If a PCR test for asymptomatic person is not available in the country/region of your residence, please be noted that you are required to stop at a third country where it is available before leaving for Japan.